1. Reread the poem ‘Anthem for Doomed Youth’ and the summary handout your completed in class.
2. In a blog post, answer the following questions. Write both the question and answer.
1. What are two examples of repetition the poem?
“Only the monsters anger of the guns.”
” Only the stuttering rifles’ rapid rattles.”
2. What are two examples of alliteration in the poem?
“Rifles’ rapid rattle.”
3. What is one example of emotive language in the poem?
4. What is one example of personification in the poem?
“What candles may be held to speed them all.”
“And each slow dusk a drawing down of blinds.”
5. What are two example of rhetorical questions in the poem?
“Not in the hands of boys but in their eyes.”
“The pallor of girls’ brown shall be their pall.”
6. What is one example of imagery in the poem?
‘The Passing bells.”
” a drawing down of blinds.”